The situation may arise where the ownership of an account needs to be transferred to another person or group. These changes can be made by taking the following steps:
1. Sign in to https://go.airship.com/ as the current owner.
- If the current owner is no longer with your company, you can reach out to your IT Team to temporarily activate their email account and send an Airship password reset email to gain access. Here is a link to that page for quick reference: https://go.airship.com/accounts/password/reset/
2. Once signed in, click the Account menu icon on the right side of the Airship dashboard header and select Account Info.
Figure 1: Account Menu
3. The current account owner’s username and email address are displayed in the Profile pane. Click UPDATE on each and enter the new account owner’s details when prompted.
- The email address and username must not currently exist under a different Airship account. If they are currently in use, you’ll need to follow the steps outlined in this article by logging in as the email that is currently in use and changing it to a different email that is not already in our system.
- Best practices are to create a specific account that is not tied to one person so someone who leaves the company only needs to do a password reset before handing off the account to their replacement. A username/email similar to email@example.com is recommended.
Figure 2: Update Profile - username and email
Figure 3: Change Username
Figure 4: Username and Email have been updated to the new owner
4. Send the new owner a password reset email at https://go.urbanairship.com/accounts/password/reset/
Figure 5: Send a password reset email
5. The new account owner can reset their password by following the instructions in the password reset email to gain access to the account as the new owner!
If this is not possible or if you’d like to update the owner’s first and last name please contact Airship Technical Support at https://support.airship.com and include the following details:
We ask for 5 business days to complete the work though we can usually turn it around much faster.