We have been seeing some issues with push notifications not appearing on iOS devices if the same namedUser has been registered on another iOS device. I've been able to reproduce this behavior using the Engage Dashboard's Test Push tool.
To test I'm using iOS DeviceA with device ID:
And iOS DeviceB with device ID:
Pushing to channel: ba73ca76-0798-4b01-a616-cb5fea8cd2e3
Both with registered to named user ID: devU472
In the UA dashboard, I'm able to perform a device lookup on both devices and all looks fine (Installed, Opted-In, Backgrounded, correct named_user_id), but I'm only able to receive the push notifications on the device that most recently opted-in.
- Install app on DeviceA
- Login to app on DeviceA
- DeviceA prompted and accepts push notification registration
- DeviceA is registered as namedUser = "devU472"
- DeviceA will now receive notifications
- Install app on DeviceB
- Login to app on DeviceB
- DeviceB prompted and accepts push notification registration
- DeviceB is registered as namedUser = "devU472"
- DeviceB will now receive notifications
- DeviceA no longer receives notifications
- Uninstall app on DeviceA and repeat
I'm seeing these results when pushes are delivered via our API as well as when sending test messages to the namedUser from the Urban Airship dashboard.
Is this the intended behavior?
When using the Send Test Message tool and viewing the report, I'm only seeing 1 alert sent. Is there some configuration we are missing?
Thank you for any guidance.